Salt Spring Island Community Services is looking to add casual workers to our programs supporting adults with Special Needs or Autism in their homes and in their day programming. The positions are on call with no guaranteed hours beyond the training shifts.
We are looking for workers who are familiar with an aging population and with developmental disabilities. Availability required for 7 am-3 pm shifts, evenings 3-9 pm, weekdays, and weekend shifts. The positions requires membership in the Hospital Employees Union.
Hours: Variable. Starting
Wage: $17.47 – $18.32 depending on experience.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing direct service to developmentally challenged adults living independently in the community and providing day programming;
- Facilitating participants access to the community by supporting contact and friendships with others;
- Carrying out strategies developed by participants’/residents’ support teams;
- Supporting participants in their access to community services;
- Responding to the physical, psychological, emotional and safety needs of the individuals served.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Education in community support or human services field.
- Direct experience with individuals developmental challenges or autism.
- Certificate and training in First Aid, Food Safe, Medication Administration, Positive Behaviour Supports. Applicant must be willing to obtain these qualifications.
- Possession of a valid, unrestricted, Driver’s License.
- Applicant must be fit enough to push wheel chairs and do some lifts and transfers as needed.
Submit application by 4pm on Monday April 3, 2017 to:
Address: Salt Spring Island Community Services Society
268 Fulford-Ganges Road,
Salt Spring Island, B.C. V8K 2K6